XEOMIN® is reconstituted with unpreserved, sterile, normal saline (0.9% sodium chloride solution for injection) before use.
- Reconstitution of the vial content and filling of the syringe should be performed over plastic-lined paper towels in order to catch any spillages.
- An appropriate amount of NaCl solution is drawn up into a syringe (see dilution table under “How is XEOMIN® diluted?”).
- The exposed portion of the rubber stopper of the vial is cleaned with alcohol (70%) before inserting the needle.
- Because of the vacuum in the vial, the solution is drawn into the vial without the need to exert pressure on the syringe.
- The NaCl solution must be injected gently into the vial (Just swirl gently and do not shake the vial because of possible risk of denaturation).
The reconstituted XEOMIN® solution is clear, colourless and free of particles. The ready-to-use XEOMIN® solution can be stored for up to 24 hours in a refrigerator (+2°C to +8°C) before use. Solution for injection that has been stored for more than 24 hours and any unused solution for injection must be discarded (This is for microbiological reasons, if some contamination occurred accidentally during the reconstitution process).